Barre Life Teacher Certification Course starts soon…
April 28th, 2014 posted by Niki
Barre Life Teacher Certification
The Barre Life Teacher Certification Program is an extensive 22-hour course providing detailed information on how to structure a Barre class, learning dance anatomy, teach specific exercises and select appropriate music. The training will also introduce exercise variations, modifications and safety considerations. Participants will learn basic ballet vocabulary and movements. Lessons in musicality will review basic concepts of music and the importance of music choices in a class.
Following the training program, participants will have the information necessary to teach a basic Barre Classic class. Additional variations and modifications will be taught in a Barre Cardio and Sculpt class.
Barre Life Teacher Certification provides instructors the opportunity to:
- Develop the skills necessary to structure a 45-60 min Barre class, including appropriate time management and flow of exercises.
- Learn basic ballet vocabulary and proper Barre technique.
- Understand how to appropriately use cues and articulate safety considerations
- Learn basics on effective musical choices.
- Enhance one™s voice and energy to promote rhythm and keep students engaged.
- The Barre Life Teacher Certification program will be fully accredited and insurable within the country of Canada.
Pre-requisites for Course
Individuals applying for the Barre Life Teacher Certification Program must meet the following pre-requisites and will be asked to provide proof on their application:
- Be certified in or have documented experience teaching another fitness discipline such as Pilates, Yoga, Group Fitness or Accredited Dance (if you do not meet any of these requirements, students would have to have participated in a minimum of 50 Barre Life Fitness Studio classes “ please contact us for more details).
Barre Life Teacher Certification Programs are held at Barre Life Fitness Studio in Oakville, Ontario.
How to apply
- Please contact us to apply.
- Upon acceptance of your application you will receive an email with a link to complete your registration form, review a non-compete/confidentiality agreement, and submit the required deposit and or payment in full.
All participants will be required to sign a non-compete/confidentiality agreement prior to participating in the Barre Life Teacher Certification Program. This agreement will be forwarded to you for review and will need to be signed on the date of the course. The purpose of this non-compete/confidentiality agreement is to ensure that newly certified Barre Life instructors and/or studios are limited in geographic areas, eliminating direct competition with existing Barre Life instructors and studios in the Oakville area.
Course Outline & Fee
- Barre Life Teacher Certification Program “ 22 hour course (3 days) $960 + HST
- Level 1 “ two consecutive days (9am-5pm) May 24th and 25th
- Level 2 “ individual day one week following Level 1 (12pm-5pm) June 1st
- Additionally “ 1 hour practical class instruction with the student as the instructor to take place at the Barre Life Fitness Studio to be graded by the teacher trainer.
- Continental breakfast and lunch provided for each day of the course.
- Framed Certificate of qualification signed and issued only after the satisfactory and successful completion of the course, based on the teacher trainer™s assessment of the student.